Think about your home, how does it make you feel when you pull up into the driveway after a long day and see the lights glowing in the windows? How do you feel when you finally turn the lock and open the door? How about when you wake up in the morning? Do you love the way it feels to look around you and see the familiar surroundings, to have the memories of the happy times you have spent there?
These are wonderful, warm feelings that most people have about their home, especially if you’ve lived there for a long time, your home represents the place in the world where you feel safest and most comfortable. For many seniors, however, the idea of staying at home throughout the rest of their lives may feel threatened.
When physical or cognitive limitations make it difficult for them to take care of their daily needs, many seniors fear that they will be taken out of the homes that they love emplaced and facilities. Live-In care is the alternative that can keep this from happening. If you know that your aging loved ones desperately want to stay at home throughout the rest of their lives, discuss with them the opportunity for live-in care.
A home care companion can provide vital assistance in taking care of their daily physical and personal needs that there is no need for them to move out of their homes. The services provided by a home care companion can include:
- Keeping the home tidy and safe, including things like doing light dishes or laundry
- Running errands for the senior, or assisting them by going with them
- Providing transportation to doctors’ appointments
- Offering medication reminders and support for staying compliant with the healthcare recommendations of doctors
- Providing mobility assistance in getting out of bed, taking a bath, using the restroom, or just getting around
- Offering companionship and emotional support, which are vital for the mental and physical well-being of your loved one.
Putting live-in care into place protects the independence of your aging loved ones. You make sure that they are able to stay in the home that they love, surrounded by the objects that are familiar to them, and that they feel as though their lives are still under their control. Live-in care can allow your loved ones to remain in place in their home throughout the rest of their lives.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven RN BSN (see all)
- Grandparents Guide to the Internet (InfoGraphic) - July 22, 2016
- Identity Theft Protection – What Seniors Need To Know To Protect Themselves - July 5, 2016
- Finding The Most Reliable Medical Alert System - May 6, 2016